Van’s Pig Stands Save & Scratch 2023
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Overview: Van’s Pig Stands Save & Scratch in 2022 (the "Promo") card handouts begins inside participating Van’s Pig Stands in Oklahoma on Nov 17, 2022 and ending on Dec 31, 2022(the "Promo Handout Period"). Scratch offs entry cards (the “Scratch off Cards”) may be redeemed in store starting January 2, 2023, and ending on February 19, 2023 (the "Promo Win Period"). By participating in the Promo, each entrant (the "Participant") unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Van’s Pig Stands International, LLC (the "Sponsor"), which shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. Eligibility: Must be at least 18 to participate. Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to participate or win prizes in the Promo: any person who on or after November 15, 2022, was or is: (a) a Van’s Pig Stands restaurant franchise owner or employee; (b) a director, officer, employee, agent, or independent contractor of Sponsor, or its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates or service agencies; or any entities retained by Sponsor for the administration of the Promo; (c) an individual engaged in the development, production or distribution of Game materials or the prize supply for the Promo; and (d) an immediate family member (defined as spouse, IRS dependent, or biological, adoptive or step- mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, and each of their respective spouses) of, or who resides in the same household as, any person in any of the preceding categories. Void outside the Territory and where prohibited.
3. How to participate: Visit a participating Van’s Pig Stands restaurant during the Promo Handout Period. Every purchase will be eligible to receive a Scratch off Card. Individuals do not need to make a purchase of any kind to receive a Scratch off Card. To receive a card without purchase, simply ask a manager on duty for a Scratch off Card and one will be issued. Scratch off Cards are available, while supplies last. Guests are only eligible to receive one Scratch off Card per visit during the Promo Handout Period.
4. How to win: Every Scratch off Card will have a prize listed under the scratch off area. To be eligible to win, an unscratched card must be presented to the staff at Van’s Pig Stands during the Promo Win Period. The card will be verified and initialed by the manager on duty at that time. After the Scratch off Card has been verified to be unscratched, the participant may proceed to scratch off to reveal their prize. Only 1 card may be redeemed per participant, per visit.
5. Winner Fulfillment: No purchase necessary during the scratch off visit to win. Upon the verification of any eligibility requirements, the participant will be deemed an official winner of one (1) Prize. With exception for the grand prize of a Big Screen TV, prizes must be received, or scheduled by the way of advanced order, by the participant during the visit in which the card was scratched. If the participant chooses to place an advanced order, the prize will be ready for pickup by the participant at the time and date scheduled during the scratch off visit. No additional changes to the pickup time and date are allowed. Big screen TV’s will be delivered the Van’s Pig Stands location of the participants choice within 1 week of the scratch off date. At that time, the participant will be notified they may come pickup their prize.
6. Handout Period Extension: In the circumstances that not all Scratch off Cards are handed out by the end of Dec 31, 2022, Van’s Pig Stands may opt to continue to hand out cards until they have all been passed out or Jan 31, whichever comes first. Scratch off cards handed out during the Promo Win Period may not be redeemed during the same visit they were handed out. Participants must return for a subsequent visit at a later date, but no later than Feb 19, 2023 to redeem Scratch off Cards handed out during the Promo Win Period.
7. Transfer: The transfer of status as an unofficial winner by an ineligible person to an eligible person is strictly prohibited.
8. Available Prizes:
# of cards printed
Odds of winning
50” SMART TV
1 in 5000
LARGE FAMILY PACK
1 in 2500
2 MEAT DINNER
1 in 250
JR RIB DINNER
1 in 50
1 in 25
1 in 8.3
1 in 8.3
REG DRINK (20 OZ)
1 in 6.3
REG SIDE ITEM
1 in 6.3
1 in 2.6
9. General Conditions: By participating in the Promo, each Participant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, Van’s Pig Stands managers and promo administrators, as applicable. All such decisions shall be final, binding and non-appealable. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. No Prize substitutions or cash redemptions of any Prize or any portion thereof. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any prize or portion thereof of equal or greater value if any Prize or portion thereof is unavailable for any reason. Details of Prizes or portions thereof not specified herein, if any, will be determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Participant grants Sponsor the irrevocable, unrestricted worldwide right to use, publish, display, broadcast and distribute materials bearing Participant's name, voice, image, likeness and/or any other identifiable representation of Participant, including, but not limited to, statements attributable to Participant ("Participant's Likeness"), Participant agrees that all materials containing Participant's Likeness shall be and remain the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor, and Participant hereby assigns any and all rights in or to such material to Sponsor and releases and forever discharges Sponsor from any and all claims, liabilities and damages relating to the use of Participant's Likeness. Participant hereby waives any and all rights to inspect or approve Sponsor's use of the Submission or Participant's Likeness, or any part or element thereof. Prize winner shall be responsible for all federal, state and/or local income taxes incurred in association with acceptance of the prize. By participating in the Promo, each Participant agrees that the Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, local advertising cooperatives, advertising/promotion agencies, and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents (the "Game Entities") shall not be responsible or liable for: (a) miscommunications, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other error in any Game materials or printed copy or artwork, or any prize offering announcement; (b) any errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, digital or technical in nature, or unauthorized human intervention; or (c) any losses, damages or injuries of any kind, including but not limited to those related to defamation, portrayal in a false light or privacy rights, resulting from or in connection with participation in the Promo or from acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of a prize, including from the posting or publication of any information or portion thereof online or in any media. This Game is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Any prizes that are not duly claimed in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded.
10. Prize Conditions: Any and all costs, fees, and expenses not expressly stated in the prize description are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Any difference between the approximate retail value and the actual value will not be awarded.
a. Disqualification: It is the Participant's responsibility to ensure compliance in all respects with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry processes or the operation of the Promo; acts in violation of these Official Rules; or acts with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promo, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
b. Force Majeure: Sponsor reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate the Promo, in whole or in part, or modify or suspend the Promo, or any portion thereof, in any way, if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Promo is impaired or corrupted or that fraud, breach of confidentiality, or technical problems, failures or malfunctions have destroyed or severely undermined the integrity and/or feasibility of the Promo. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Promo as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor's control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Promo. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. If, due to printing, production, or human errors, or for any reason, more potential winners in any prize category come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize as set forth in these Official Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prize(s) in that prize category. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each Participant's sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
c. Invalidity: These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Game materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control.
d. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Participant or Sponsor in connection with the Promo, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Oklahoma without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state's laws.
e. Arbitration Disclosure: By participating in this Game, each Participant agrees that: (1) any claim, dispute, or controversy (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) Participant may have against any of the Promo Entities arising out of, relating to, or connected in any way with the Promo, the awarding or redemption of prizes, or the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by West Law Firm, Shawnee, OK.
12. Official Rules:
These Official Rules will be posted in at participating Van’s Pig Stands restaurants and online at pigstands.com/scratch2023rules. To receive a copy of the Official Rules, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to Van’s Save & Scratch 2022 — Official Rules Request, 717 E Highland St, Shawnee, OK 74801. All requests must be postmarked by March 1, 2023 and received by March 31, 2023. Limit one (1) request per outer envelope.