Van’s Pig Stands Save & Scratch 2024
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Overview: Van’s Pig Stands Save & Scratch 2024 (the "Promo") will begin inside participating Van’s Pig Stands locations in Oklahoma at the regularly scheduled opening of business at each participating location on November 1, 2023 (the “Commencement Date”). Beginning on the Commencement Date and ending at the close of business at each participating location on December 31, 2023 (the "Promo Handout Period"), Promo scratch off entry cards (the “Scratch off Cards”) will be handed out in accordance with these Official Rules. The Scratch off Cards may be redeemed at any participating location starting January 2, 2024, and ending on February 29, 2024 (the "Promo Win Period"). By receiving a Scratch off Card and participating in the Promo, each entrant (the "Participant") represents that they have read the Official Rules, and that they unconditionally accept and agree to comply with and abide by these Official Rules.
2. Eligibility: Each Participant must be at least eighteen (18) years of age by the Commencement Date to be eligible to participate in the Promo. Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to participate or win prizes in the Promo: any person who on or after the Commencement Date, was or is: (a) a Van’s Pig Stands restaurant franchise owner or employee; (b) a director, officer, employee, agent, or independent contractor of Sponsor, or its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates or service agencies; or any entities retained by Sponsor for the administration of the Promo; (c) an individual engaged in the development, production or distribution of Promo materials or the prize supply for the Promo; and (d) an immediate family member (defined as spouse, IRS dependent, or biological, adoptive or step- mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, and each of their respective spouses) of, or who resides in the same household as, any person in any of the preceding categories. Void outside the United States and where prohibited.
3. How to participate: Visit a participating Van’s Pig Stands restaurant during the Promo Handout Period. Individuals that are eligible to participate in the Promo may receive one (1) Scratch off Card per purchase at a participating Van’s Pig Stands location during the Promo Handout Period, provided that an individual may not receive more than one (1) Scratch off Card per visit. Individuals do not need to make a purchase of any kind to receive a Scratch off Card. As an alternative method of entry, individuals that are eligible to participate in the Promo may receive one (1) Scratch off Card per visit without purchase by simply asking a manager on duty for a Scratch off Card and one will be issued. Making a purchase will in no way improve or increase a Participant’s chances of winning or the type of prize that a Participant may win. Scratch off Cards are available, while supplies last. Should all Scratch off Cards be issued prior to the enumerated end date of the Promo Handout Period, the Promo Handout Period shall be deemed terminated upon the issuance of the final Scratch off Card. Participants are only eligible to receive one Scratch off Card per visit during the Promo Handout Period.
4. How to win: Every Scratch off Card will have a prize listed under the scratch off area. To be eligible to win, an unscratched, untampered, and otherwise unaltered Scratch off Card must be presented to the staff at a participating Van’s Pig Stands location during operating hours within the Promo Win Period. The card must be verified and initialed by a manager on duty at that time. After the Scratch off Card has been verified to be valid, the Participant may proceed to scratch off to reveal their prize. Only 1 card may be redeemed per Participant, per visit.
5. Winner Fulfillment: No purchase necessary during the scratch off visit within the Promo Win Period to win. Upon the verification of Participant’s compliance with the eligibility requirements, which Sponsor may, but is not required to, require Participant’s execution of an Affidavit confirming eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules in all respects, the Participant will be deemed an official winner of one (1) Prize. With the exception for the grand prize of a TV, prizes must be received, or scheduled by the way of advanced order, by the Participant during the visit in which the card was scratched and the prize revealed. If the Participant chooses to place an advanced order, the prize will be ready for pickup by the Participant at the time and date scheduled during the scratch off visit, subject to reasonable delays that may arise in shipping, handling, receipt, and other supply chain issues outside of Sponsor control. Participant may not make any changes to the originally scheduled pickup time and date, unless agreed to by Sponsor. TV’s will be delivered to the participating Van’s Pig Stands location of the Participants choice as soon as reasonably feasible, which is expected, but not guaranteed to be approximately one (1) week of the scratch off date. At the time that the TV is delivered to the appropriate location, the Participant will be notified and they shall come pickup their prize.
6. Handout Period Extension: In the event that not all Scratch off Cards are handed out by the scheduled end of the Promo Handout Period (December 31, 2023), Sponsor may, but is not obligated to, opt to continue to hand out Scratch off Cards until all Scratch off Cards have all been passed out or until otherwise desired by Sponsor. Scratch off Cards handed out during the Promo Win Period may not be redeemed during the same visit they were handed out. Participants must return for a subsequent visit at a later date, but no later than the expiration of the Promo Win Period (February 29, 2024) to redeem Scratch off Cards handed out during the Promo Win Period.
7. Transfer: The transfer of status as an unofficial winner by an ineligible person to an eligible person is strictly prohibited.
8. Available Prizes:
Odds of Winning
Approximate Retail Value
50” SMART TV
1 in 5000
BACKYARD BBQ KIT
1 in 1,250
LARGE FAMILY PACK
1 in 833.3
1 in 520.8
BOTTLE OF BBQ SAUCE
1 in 520.8
1 in 260.4
2 MEAT DINNER
1 in 250
JR RIB DINNER
1 in 50
1 in 25
1 in 16.7
1 in 10
1 in 8.3
REG SIDE ITEM
1 in 7.1
REG DRINK (20 OZ)
1 in 5
1 in 3.3
9. General Conditions:
By participating in the Promo, each Participant represents that they have read these Official Rules, and they agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, Van’s Pig Stands managers and Promo administrators, as applicable. The Sponsor has the right to make final interpretation and decisions regarding any ambiguities contained within these Official Rules or any Promo materials. All such decisions shall be final, binding, and non-appealable. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. Participant may not substitute prizes and Participant is not entitled to any cash redemptions of any prize or any portion thereof. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any prize or portion thereof of equal or greater value if any prize or portion thereof is unavailable for any reason. Details of prizes or portions thereof not specified herein, if any, will be determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Participant grants Sponsor the irrevocable, unrestricted worldwide right to use, publish, display, broadcast and distribute materials bearing Participant's name, voice, image, likeness and/or any other identifiable representation of Participant, including, but not limited to, statements attributable to Participant ("Participant's Likeness"), Participant agrees that all materials containing Participant's Likeness shall be and remain the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor, and Participant hereby assigns any and all rights in or to such material to Sponsor and releases and forever discharges Sponsor from any and all claims, liabilities and damages relating to the use of Participant's Likeness. Participant hereby waives any and all rights to inspect or approve Sponsor's use of the Submission or Participant's Likeness, or any part or element thereof. Prize winners shall be responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes incurred in association with acceptance of the prize. By participating in the Promo, each Participant agrees that the Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, local advertising cooperatives, advertising/promotion agencies, and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents (the "Promo Entities") shall not be responsible or liable for: (a) miscommunications, printing errors, clerical, typographical or any other error in any Promo materials or printed copy or artwork, or any prize offering announcement; (b) any errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, digital or technical in nature, or unauthorized human intervention; or (c) any losses, damages or injuries of any kind, including but not limited to those related to defamation, portrayal in a false light or privacy rights, resulting from or in connection with participation in the Promo or from acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use, misuse, or any defective nature or condition of a prize, including from the posting or publication of any information or portion thereof online or in any media. This Promo is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Any prizes that are not duly claimed in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded, unless otherwise determined by Sponsor.
10. Prize Conditions: Any and all costs, fees, and expenses not expressly stated in the prize description are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Any difference between the approximate retail value and the actual value will not be awarded. Participant understands and agrees that the approximate retail values enumerated in these Official Rules are estimated in good faith and that actual retail values fluctuate frequently due to market factors.
a. Disqualification: It is the Participant's responsibility to ensure compliance in all respects with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry processes or the operation of the Promo; acts in violation of these Official Rules; or acts with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promo, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and all other remedies available at law or in equity from any person to violates these Official Rules to the fullest extent permitted by law.
b. Force Majeure: Sponsor reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate the Promo, in whole or in part, or modify or suspend the Promo, or any portion thereof, in any way, if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that the Promo is impaired or corrupted or that fraud, breach of confidentiality, or technical problems, failures or malfunctions have destroyed or severely undermined the integrity and/or feasibility of the Promo. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Promo as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, severe weather event, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state or local government law, order, moratorium, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor's control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Promo. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. If, due to printing, production, or human errors, or for any reason, more potential winners in any prize category come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize as set forth in these Official Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prize(s) in that prize category. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each Participant's sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
c. Invalidity: These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Promo materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control.
d. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Participant or Sponsor in connection with the Promo, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Oklahoma without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state's laws.
e. Arbitration Disclosure: By participating in this Promo, each Participant agrees that any claim, dispute, or controversy (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) Participant may have against any of the Promo Entities arising out of, relating to, or connected in any way with the Promo, the awarding or redemption of prizes, or the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, shall be first presented to Sponsor in writing, to Sponsor’s address enumerated herein, within thirty (30) days of the occurrence giving rise to such alleged claim. In the event the claim is not resolved between Sponsor and Participant, the parties shall submit the matter to non-binding meditation, to be conducted in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, with the parties to split the cost of such mediation. Should the matter fail to be resolved at mediation, the matter may then, and only then, be submitted and resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association, using rules that the American Arbitration Association deems most applicable. The costs of arbitration shall be shared equally by the parties. Any claim or dispute brought by Participant in district court or otherwise not resolved in strict compliance with these Official Rules shall entitle Sponsor to a dismissal of the matter and reimbursement of Sponsor’s costs and expenses associated with defending such claim.
12. Official Rules:
These Official Rules will be posted in participating Van’s Pig Stands restaurants and online at pigstands.com/scratch2024rules. To receive a copy of the Official Rules or a list of the winners of the Promo, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to Van’s Save & Scratch 2024 — Official Request, 1090 N University Blvd, Norman, OK 74804. All requests must be postmarked by March 1, 2024, and received by March 31, 2024. Limit one (1) request per outer envelope.
13. Sponsor Identification:
Van’s Pig Stands International, LLC. 1090 N University Blvd, Norman, OK 74804